Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

51 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 am

Anyway, Tipping Points did everything I had hoped it would-it continued the momentum of The Soft War and ended the Onderon arc in a very nice fashion. Steela's death was very surprising, and I think gave a relatively light arc a dark finish. I also thought the same for the king's death, how he was just shot down in cold blood by the Separatists once they had no use for him. The also gave us very little of Luxsoka very thankfully, and finally focused on some good hardcore action. We even saw Hondo make a little debut! In the end, while the arc itself wasn't the best, Tipping Points did leave it on a high note.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

52 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:16 am

Oh, LOL, I thought you had actually meant to say season 5. Haha, that would be awesome though, handing out the dvd before the seasons harldy started.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

53 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 am

Oh,God what an idiot am I? LOL! I wrote season 5! Of course I wanted to say 4!

View user profile

54 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 am

As for your Onderon question, I think the answer is yes. Not 100% sure on that though, so don't quote me on it, lol.

As for S5 DVDs, I have to say, REALLY!? Lol, I'm psyched if that's true. Of course, it could be a mistake and mean S4, or just a post about S5 when it comes out next year. Let's keep our fingers crossed though!

View user profile

55 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 am

I saw a post on FB about season 5 beibg released on DVD and B ray! I hope I can find soon here!

View user profile

56 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 am

Is the next eps the last one about Onderon?

View user profile

57 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 am

I agree, the thing that made this episode was that they actually showed Onderon! Not Luxsoka, not random Onderon rebels that are (Oh my gosh, it's such a major surprise!) related to each other, they just showed us Onderon during the Clone Wars. They showed the actual politics, the fight for freedom, the CIS oppression, and the Republic's methods. They kept it simple, and to the point. I certainly hope they continue doing this.

View user profile

58 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Im satisfied with Soft War too. Much better than the last two episodes. I expected to see the CIS flying gunships (Kashyyyk ROTS) in this episode. Seems I have to wait for another week to see them. And I hope that the real battle will indeed begin in the next episode (according to Kenobi).

PS I really liked the Onderon soldiers we saw. Even those had an armor similar to Roman Legionairs. Onderon is a beatiful SW planet. On of my favs. My N.1 is Kamino!

View user profile

59 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 am

Finally, finally, FINALLY, something to talk about with this arc. The Soft War has been the first episode to actually get my attention this arc, and I'm very thankful it didn't let me down. First off, they either did some last minute editing or predicted they should do this, but they finally gave us a break on the whole Luxsoka thing, with only a couple brief moments that made you go "Ugh!" Secondly, they actually went bold and decided to give us some hardcore poilitics like in S3. However, unlike S3, they pulled it off magnificently with action and suspense throughout it.The characters are finally becoming more realistic and notable, except for the local civilians that almost seem to be there just to be there. But considering how bad the first two episodes have been, I'm not gonna complain on something relatively minor like that. I would say that if they end this arc with the momentum this episode built, they will at least end it with a bang.

View user profile

60 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 am

Yeah, I see what you mean, and I totally agree. But, as I also pointed out, it doesn't make much sense for her to be leading an etire rebellion either, so you can't expect to much from the TCW team on that one. Again, Anakin or Obi-wan should've been there, I don't know of any incident, movie or EU, where a Jedi willingly let a Padawan take control of an entire army without any supervision.

View user profile

61 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:39 pm

About your last point,yes ok. The whole Luxsoka thing is annoying,but she supposed to lead the rebels. And yet she acted like a normal warrior while at the same time the others did most of the job done.

View user profile

62 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 am

I agree, this episode had a decent pace, just an awful storyline to go along with it. LOL, and you have a point, despite my own reasons for disliking that scene, who DOES Anakin think he is for talking to Ahsoka about that tye of stuff. At least Ahsoka's not secretly wed to Lux! As for the brother-sister relationship, I like it, I just think it was a bad way to actually end the episode. If they had just given us that up front or told us later on in the middle of an episode instead of making us sit on the end of our seats for something rather anti-climatical, I would've been fine with that. So far the only point I disagree with you on is the fact Ahsoka didn't talk much-I liked that, so at least we didn't have to hear all the Luxsoka drama that would've happened HAD she talked.

View user profile

63 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:26 am

Front runners....
Well,as I said on FB,mixed feelings about it. Im not so satisfied either with this story,but I still hope it gets better in the next episode.
What I didnt liked: 1.Ahsoka barely speaking in this episode. It gave me the feeling that she was not there.
2. Who does Anakin think he is lecturing Ahsoka about attachements and stuff?
3. That brother-sister revelation in the end was a reference to the OT again. It was the first time I didnt liked it,but it didnt bothered me that it was in the end of the episode like most fans.
And my likes are:1.The King of Onderon.
2.The slow pace of the episode combined with Kine's awesome music makes me feel its a full movie (that can be bad,since we're talking about 22 min.eps)
3.The design of Onderon. I love it! Looks like ancient Rome,indeed! Too bad the story is not worth the Planet of Onderon.

View user profile

64 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 am

Ok, this trilogy is turning into a joke. The action was weak and very unrealistic, the story plot felt very small, and they are still slamming us with the Luxsoka Saturday morning special that no one cares about. And for the finishing climax, I though the revelation of Saul and Steela being related was rather dumb, they should have just told us that one to start with, it makes little to no change in the story, and is a weak way to finsih off the episode. I also though it was ridiculous to leave the training and advisement of an entire rebellion on a Padawn's shoulders, that should never have happened, at least Obi-wan could've stayed. And speaking of Obi-wan and Anakin, it was also rather crazy for Anakin to practically blurt out that he knew everything going on with Ahsoka right in the middle of a meeting, and even crazier that no one even gave a glance at them since they were the only ones talking right in the middle of the room. I hate to say it, because I was very much looking foward to these episodes, but I'm very disappointed to see what the TCW team has been doing with this one.

View user profile

65 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:01 am

Yeah, lol, the funny thing is, it makes me mad still, but I lost that feeling of shock almost immediately because of how often they've done that. It's sad whenever my mind's already braced for these type of things every time I watch the show now. Speaking of Grievous, when is he supposed to appear again? I mean, he's commander of the entire CIS army but we only see him occasionally nowadays. And when we do, it's either really epic like in Nightsisters or really really sad like in Shadow Warriors.

View user profile

66 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:09 am

HAHAHA!!! You're right!!! They messed up with so many stories. Especially about Adi gallia...arrrgggh!!! I was hoping Grievous will get her as in the comic.

View user profile

67 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm

LOL, maybe, the team has made it obvious they've forgotten a LOT about SW throughout the entirety of this show, wouldn't surprise me if they forgot even their own facts. I mean, they've already done a big thing this season by killing off Adi Gallia through Savage Oppress instead of Grievous, and this was in the premire! LOL, still have 20 episodes to go I guess...

View user profile

68 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 am

instead of Mace...hm... You got a point there. I dont know. Maybe the one who wrote this episode forgot about Ryloth. LOL! Do you think?

View user profile

69 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 am

Ok, that does clear things up a bit for me, thanks ARC.

And yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, this is a lot like Ryloth, I just don't get why when Anakin does it instead of Mace, it's considered terrorism. But for the record, Supply Lines came before the S1 trilogy I think, just like nearly every other episode in that first half of S3, it was confusing to place it but I'm pretty sure it implied somewhere in that episode that the liberation Mace led hadn't happened yet.

Yeah, the training scenes could've been better, but I didn't mind since it at least kept Luxsoka at bay for half of it.

View user profile

70 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Lux and his companions are fighting against the CIS occupation forces and thus free their planet. The Republic is helping them,in hope to get them with the Republic. Politics,GG,its simple.

What they were saying about terrorism isnt so wrong. Of course it depends from your point of view. Seems that for the Jedi Council such tactics are considered as terrorism. but this how you fight if your enemy is superior in numbers and supplies. You can say the same thing about the Ryloth freedome fighters. If you remember Senator Ta didnt trust Char Sindulla and in the end Ryloth joined the Republic and kept having reinforcements as we saw in ''Supply Lines''.

The Lux/Ahsoka romance is indeed too much,I think. But I dont worry about it. We propably will see an end this season about this story.

What I found stupid was the way they trained the rebels. Waving hands with the grenades and all this... And I didnt liked it. Overall a nice episode,but I expected it better. Im sure the next eps will be a lot better.

View user profile

71 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:04 am

Ok, first off, A War on Two Fronts was an alright episode when you add all the parts together, but it had a LOT of stupid stuff in it if you ask me.

To get the big one in my head cleared off the plate, the Luxsoka thing is SERIOUSLY getting outta hand. It was bad enough already, but now they've turned it into teenage drama with the whole "love triangle", rather pointless references to it, and taking focus off of the war and action that we actually watch the show to spotlight the romance doomed to end anyway. Let Lux have the Onderon gal, let Ahsoka move on as a true Jedi should, and let the Clone Wars move on, PLEASE!

Speaking of Lux, this isn't as much something stupid but complicated that should've been clarified-just what exactly is he and the Onderon rebels fighting for again? They plea to the Republic, wanting their help and all that because they got into Separatist polictics (which never goes well) and sounding like they want to be BFFs with the Republic again, but then all of a sudden, Bonterti goes off on a rant about how he DOESN'T want to get back in with the Republic, and his soon-to-be-grilfriend cuts in as well talking about how his mother had a great voice for what was right, blah blah blah, but in the end, it leaves you wondering...WHAT THE HECK!? Are they fighting for neutrality? Are they just wanting to milk the Republic for one last hurrah? Are the TCW crew planning on making you rewatch the episode in slow-motion subtitles with fine print to make you understand what's going on? Granted, I may have simply missed something, and if you can explain my questions, that would be very appreciated, but either, they need to explain some of these things out more.

And while I'm on the subject, I also want to talk about another thing they needed to explain, or even better, just should've left out to begin with. What was that Jedi Council terrorism talk about? Anakin was wanting to help the rebellion against the Separatists that were stationed there, because of a new king that they implied had taken power by force, which is even more cause to go over there, but then everyone calls him a terrorist. Again, WHAT THE HECK!? He's not wanting some campaign of terror against the innocent, he's wanting to rally the rebels against the Separatists that they'll be fighting anyway eventually! It's just like the Ryloth trilogy, or the Mon Calamari trilogy, what's wrong with having an Onderon trilogy like that!? Again, they need to at least publish the remastered versions of these episodes with the slow-motion subtitles and fine print, it's like they are trying to cram WAY to much in 30 minutes-make the show an hour long if you want to Filoni, I don't care, just make these plotlines clear! Finally, again, if any of you want to explain this one to me as well in case I missed something, please do.

Finally, the one good scene of the episode was that fight at the camp where everything changed. Great action for a rather short fight, but they did a good job at saving it at the end and giving us a nice breath of air. Always glad to see Kenobi and Skywalker side-by-side again, the show's been giving us less of that as it's gone on, but that's a mistake in my opinion. And the rebel vs. droid fight even without the Jedi was pretty awesome, with explosives and animal rampages, it was great! So far I've yet to be disappointed these first two episodes of the season as far as action goes, all of it has been looking great this season for some reason and it's one of the few things I can vouch for the show all the way for. Keep it coming guys!

So in the end here, I would like to comment that though this start for the arc could've been a lot better, I think the arc itself has potential to improve if they avoid these rather weird conversations that do no justice to the storyline except confuse it and cut the Luxsoka drama. Onderon is a GREAT setting to have a TCW arc to begin with, they just have to be sure not to throw in all the extra stuff they have been and mess that all up-they only have to keep it SIMPLE and let the SW fans like us just enjoy seeing the Clone Wars move to one of the most infamous EU planets in SW. No need for extra twists and turns, if it's just a good basic storyline that stays keeps true to Onderon, I guarantee that will be enough to keep everyone happy, trust me.

View user profile

72 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:41 am

That's true too, I forgot about that. But either way, you get my point though, even if that was a rather bad example on my part, sorry for that.

View user profile

73 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 am

ARC Trooper wrote:WOW! Darth Robin! Nice list you made there! I always wanted a chronological list for the episodes.
Thanks, I'm glad you appreciated it.
GeneralGrievous505 wrote:I think you're probably right about most of them. In the end though, I think as long as we keep episodes that relate to each other in the same order, like Clone Cadets, Rookiees, and ARC Troopers, it doesn't really matter, a lot of them could be happening at the exact same time for all we know. ARC Troopers could've been happening at the same time as the majority of Nightsisters for all we know (except for the beginning battle obviously)
No, the nightsisters arc is defenetly after Arc Troopers. Bekaurce they happend after the main characters got theyr model changes when Anakin looks older and has the ROTS outfit.

View user profile

74 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 am

That's probable, it looks like they have a lot going on this season and not every villain will get a spotlight. As long as Grievous gets one though, I'll be happy.

View user profile

75 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Youre right about Bane. I just thought of the possibility,of not seeing him this season,like with Viszla who appeared in s2 the first time and then in s4.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum