Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 am

Ok, A Neccessary Bond was by far the best way for TCW torecover themselves after the past few episodes. I was actually impressed! An epic chase scene at the beginning, an all-out awesome duel between Grievous and Ahsoka that he technically won (she had to run for her life, that's a win enough for me), a good ole' tip of the hat to Slave I, and a personal touch to Hondo that we've really yet to see but adds to his character in a great way. I dare say if this episode had followed up the types of episodes I've been mentioning all along this arc, this would've been one of the best of the season and maybe even series. It's a shame it got stuck having to conclude a rather disappointing arc, the material in this was truly golden!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

27 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Well, I was kind of let down by the Clones vs. Droids battle. Almost everything good was already in the preview. But at least it was still something. And the ending of the battle was hilarious, setting the ship to self-destruct. Way to go Kenobi!

As for the rest of the episode, it all felt so short, I can't really judge it too much. The only thing that I can kind of pin down was the whole carnival act, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it at least a little.

I hope that next episode we'll see some more Grievous, I'm beginning to think this is a preview to the season premire, with Hondo's base still intact and Grievous near Florrum. I definitely HOPE it is, it would be awesome to see Grievous in yet another battle next episode!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

28 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 am

AMEN!!! Haha, it almost feels weird having a Clones vs. Droids battle again! What, with Onderon and Jedi younglings, it's SUCH a relief to go back to these type of scenes! And you're right, Grievous owned that scene, not at all the Shadow Warrior doppleganger we saw last season! I'm so happy to see my fav character back in action!

View user profile

29 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am

I saw the preview you're talking about earlier before posting this message. Grievous was so brutal man! At last we see clones again.

View user profile

30 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Ok, it appears I was wrong in my complaints about this arc. According to the newest preview we WILL see General Greivous in this arc! AND Obi-wan and Cody! The Clone Wars really has been placed in the youngling arc! And not only do we see Grievous and Cody and Obi-wan, we'll see them in all-out action! YAY!!! I'm so pschyed to see Grievous again, he was taking on several clone troopers simultaneously in the preview and even crushed one with his foot!

View user profile

31 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 am

Yeah, don't get me wrong, the new droid was pretty cool, but that doesn't mean you should just all-out replace him with Master Yoda like he wound up doing. Even better would have been seeing a conversation between him and Yoda-imagine two beings that had both witnessed centuries of Jedi younglings under their tutelage training yet another generation? Would've been a priceless moment.

As for Ahsoka, yeah, now that I think about it, should have expected that one.

And I agree, cliffhangars are always nice, one of the few things we didn't always see in the original seasons, but have become a great addition to current ones.

LOL, I almost forgot we'd seen Rex! What about Cody though? Has he made any appearance yet?

View user profile

32 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 pm

I actually liked the episode after all.
True about Yoda. Where was he? Left on Ilum? The appearance of the droid was just to give us a sidekick in the arc. At least its what I think. I know the right character for his job was Yoda. Also,he reminded me of Olivander in Harry Potter,looking for the students right staff.
Ahsoka... The arc began with her,so you should have expected to see her again.
I loved the cliffhanger in the end of the episode.
And the last thing,as you said,where is the Clone War??? The only clone we saw,so far this season is Rex and he doesnt count,cause he is one of the main characters.

View user profile

33 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 am

Ok, Test of Strength kind of disappointed me. It severely built on the story flaws of the Gathering, and gave us little action. To start things off on my list, WHERE WAS YODA!? Did they just leave the little guy to freeze to death on Ilum? Or is that his new secret HQ of the Clone Wars? And having a DROID replace him as the teacher of building the lightsabers was an awful idea. The droid himself was cool, but it shouldn't have taken over the operation! His knowledge and abilities were cool, but his position throughout the epsidoe that should rightfully have been Yoda's was NOT! And again, they let a PADAWAN take charge of EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE! TCW, I beg you, PLEASE stop forcing Ahsoka in situations that doesn't even make SENSE! She's not the Jedi Master everyone is trying to show her as, not even a Knight! She's a PADAWAN! Get your Jedi hierarchy list in order people, Ahsoka probably shouldn't have even been ON the ship, let alone commanding it! About the only good thing this episode was seeing Hondo as a true pirate and villain, but quite frankly he too felt unneccessary considering TCW has now obviously once again strayed away from the CLONE Wars and decided to give us the Weequay pirate and Jedi youngling wars. This was an excellent opportunity to show Dooku trying to take over the Kyber crystals and/or killing the next generation of Jedi, or possibly even HIRING Hondo to do the job so that we have an even more intricate storyline, but no, that is apparently not going to happen.

View user profile

34 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 am

AWESOME! I can't wait to get this Christmas!!!

View user profile

35 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:06 am

Everything I wrote is in DVD set as well! It's perfect!

View user profile

36 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:04 am

AWESOME!!! Was this all on the DVD or the blue-ray? If it's on the DVD, then this might be a great collection to get indeed!

BTW, I just confirmed it, the youngling episode is going to be youngling episodes-an arc basically. AND, even better, in the next episode we're going to see Hondo attack the younglings for their new lightsaber crystals (at least that's what the preview implied). So while it's unfortunalely not likely to have Grievous or Dooku in this arc, it's not going to be all mystical, cool Yoda ramblings and annoying younglings-we may very well see some action in the next episode!

View user profile

37 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 am

Guess what? I got season 4 on DVD! YEEEEES!!!! Its all MINE!!!!

5 discs and the fifth is full of extras about the making of the season.
The box set is beatiful and the discs themselves also with Grievous,Ventress,Viszla,Dookou and Savage on them. AND there is also a small poster with the bounty hunters of the deception arc included. It was worth the 37 euros I gave. Im pleased with it.

View user profile

38 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:43 am

I had heard that this was a "Young Jedi" arc. But that could've been false info or I may have misread it, so this might be a single episode after all. Have the previews for the next episode come out yet? I guess those will kinda answer that question in a couple days.

And YES, that's exactly the word I was looking for but I couldn't think of-FORCED (no pun intended, I swear) But yes, Ahsoka definitely felt forced in the episode, and it was the one thing that didn't pay off as far as the general storyline went.

View user profile

39 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 am

I liked this episode too. Although I believe Ahsoka was forced into it.
It was great to see Ilum in this show. I just expected to see the younglings built their lightsabers.

Is this suppoosed to be an arc? I thought it's one episode without any action like the ones the CW is making every season.

View user profile

40 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:34 am

The Gathering was...interesting, to say the least. In general, it was a good episode, though it had absolutely nothing to do with the Clone Wars. However, I'm still gonna hold onto my hope for seeing some Separatists in this arc, I just have that feeling that this isn't going to be the happy ending for little kids much longer. LOL, don't know why, maybe the Force is telling me something here. Besides the lack of Clones and Wars, the only other flaw I can actually think of was Ahsoka. Now, I'm not saying this as a hater or anythnig, but her presence in this episode was totally unneccessary and kind of blew the purpose of the beginning scenes. The younglings' tutor/mentor was obviously Yoda, yet Ahsoka did all the talking for the first ten minutes! And since when would a Padawan-any Padawan here, not just Ahsoka-be leading Jedi younglings on one of the most important, one of the most sacred missions of their lives? But that's just me, and not I'm going to get on to what I liked and hope for. First off, LOVED seeing Ilum, The Clone Wars team did a great job getting that planet right and it paid off magnificently. And even if the epuisode was just about a bunch of Jedi younglings searching around in a cave for lightsaber crystals, TCW also did a good job at actually giving us some storyline, that while slightly cheesy, wasn't entirely ridiculous or non-canon (with the exception of Ahsoka's presence) like other episodes the show has disappointed me with. There was suspense, emotion, and cool mystical Jedi stuff that we all loved in the movies. However, while having a single episode like this was neat, I do hope they don't continue to do this in the entire arc. One episode you can pull that off with-an entire arc not so much. Like I mentioned before, I'm hoping for some secret Separatist attack or, even better, an attack by Dooku himself on the small Jedi assembly where we get to see Yoda in action defending the cute little younglings (heart-warming stuff right there, I know).

View user profile

41 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:01 pm

BTW Ahsokasister,can you please subscribe to my youtube channel? It's doing very well. Im over 200.000 views but I need more subs!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFlak36?feature=mhee

I already subbed to yours,in case you wanted it.

View user profile

42 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Nice vid Ahsokasister! Your useage of black-and-white flashbacks was awesome, let me feel like I was watching more than just a bunch of random clips put together with music like some tributes on youtube I've seen.

View user profile

43 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Once again I cannot watch your video because it's blocked in my country. Sorry.

So youre hit by the ''Sandy'' hurricane,huh? I hope everything is alright with you.

View user profile

44 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 am

i will explain the video tomorrow

View user profile

45 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 am

EEEEEEP i made this as a tribute to Stella, unfortunatly i could only use the second half of the last episode because we were hit by a hurriccane so i couldnt get to firefox video grabber...hope u like iiit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_zdvU-4VI&feature=youtu.be

View user profile

46 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 am

Haha, yeah, King Rash's death was kinda awesome-Dooku for all intents and purposes orders his general to shoot him right then and there in cold blood simply because they had no more use for him. You can't get too much darker than that as far as villains killling other villains go.

View user profile

47 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 am

Ahsokasister! Youre here! Well,what your teacher said didnt surprise me. Star wars has a lot of similarities and with history and many of the stories are inspirations from history.

BTW that last episode of Onderon was great! Much action,Steelas death was well done and they got rid of King Rash too.

View user profile

48 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 am

Ahsokasister!!! Glad to see ya back on, I was wondering if you were keeping up with TCW or not (I figured you were, but it felt awkward not hearing your weekly reviews)

And I agree, this new arc, while interesting, doesn't seem to have to ANYTHING with the Clone Wars. I miss season one and two episodes where everything was about the war itself, the epic battles, or even the not-so big battles that were still important. Now, we go off on crazy wild storylines with revived Sith Lords and young padawans and younglings. Where's Grievous? Where's the Separatist Council? Where's Republic missions in a fight to save the galaxy against those villains?

And also, that is hilarious about your history class! You know, I bet TCW took that incident from our history or a similar incident to create the Onderon arc, the coincidence feels too large for them NOT to have at least based it somewhat around that.

View user profile

49 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:46 am

Hi again,

I looooooved the Onderon Arc and to be honest I was not a fan of the Luxsoka parts except for when Anakin hinted that he knew what it feels like to have a cruuuuuuush

im very sckeptical for this new arc... seems like it will get boring quickly

BUT WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS IS,

my history teacher said the following

"the Canadian government didnt want to get involved but supporting the British rebels even though they shared a common enemy because....?"

no one says anything

"because the rebels were viewed as terrorists"

HELLO?!?!?! Cadana= jedi council Rebels= Onderon British= seperatists

AAHHHH i almost fell out of my seat

View user profile

50 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

I didnt watched it yet. Just downloaded it. Well,from what I've heard its a good episode.
Steelas death was spoiled to me when I saw a comment talking about it,on youtube the moment I wanted to download the episode.
I'll watch it later today and write my thoughts about it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum