Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

26 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:07 am

Ahsokasister wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Because in Kidnapped, Anakin wasn't there when Obi-wan told Ahsoka about his past. However, in Slaves of the Republic, Anakin starts talking to Ahsoka about his past as if she already knew. But if he wasn't there for that conversation, how would he have known that Ahsoka knew about his past? Confusing, right?

The problem with the arc is exactly in two things:

1. IT IS A LATE ARC

2. IT IS A SHORTER ARC IN THE SHOW THAN IT WAS IN THE FORM OF COMIC

The converstations or Ahsoka being surprised about Anakin being a slave right after the movie where he did not want to talk about it. Now MONTHS have passed and it is weird that these two bland characters have not even shared a word about each other. How can I be invested in such characters that do not communicate or have some emotions, real emotions and not just barbie doll emotions!

And now follows the second part of the problem...
THe arc about the Zygerrians was spread in 6 issues and that is like 6 episodes! And in the show it is 3 episodes! I still think a lot of stuff was thrown out in the garbage. OR THERE IS A DELETED SCENE with the talk that is set between the rescue party comes on Zygerria!

That is the reason why we jump from "Ahsoka: ANI is a slave?!" to "Ani: MY mother was sold in such a store!"... It is not a big deal in the end as the scenes with Ani&Ahsoka are painful and boring!



Sniff Sniff those are my favortie parts and fav characters,

Oh well, to each his own

THE SCENES ARE THE PROBLEM MAINLY!!!

Not the character, even though I would love to stab myself every time Anakin speaks!
Ahsoka is not responsible for the bad scenes, the stinken writers are the problem!

View user profile

27 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Because in Kidnapped, Anakin wasn't there when Obi-wan told Ahsoka about his past. However, in Slaves of the Republic, Anakin starts talking to Ahsoka about his past as if she already knew. But if he wasn't there for that conversation, how would he have known that Ahsoka knew about his past? Confusing, right?

The problem with the arc is exactly in two things:

1. IT IS A LATE ARC

2. IT IS A SHORTER ARC IN THE SHOW THAN IT WAS IN THE FORM OF COMIC

The converstations or Ahsoka being surprised about Anakin being a slave right after the movie where he did not want to talk about it. Now MONTHS have passed and it is weird that these two bland characters have not even shared a word about each other. How can I be invested in such characters that do not communicate or have some emotions, real emotions and not just barbie doll emotions!

And now follows the second part of the problem...
THe arc about the Zygerrians was spread in 6 issues and that is like 6 episodes! And in the show it is 3 episodes! I still think a lot of stuff was thrown out in the garbage. OR THERE IS A DELETED SCENE with the talk that is set between the rescue party comes on Zygerria!

That is the reason why we jump from "Ahsoka: ANI is a slave?!" to "Ani: MY mother was sold in such a store!"... It is not a big deal in the end as the scenes with Ani&Ahsoka are painful and boring!



Sniff Sniff those are my favortie parts and fav characters,

Oh well, to each his own

View user profile

28 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 am

General Grievous wrote:Because in Kidnapped, Anakin wasn't there when Obi-wan told Ahsoka about his past. However, in Slaves of the Republic, Anakin starts talking to Ahsoka about his past as if she already knew. But if he wasn't there for that conversation, how would he have known that Ahsoka knew about his past? Confusing, right?

The problem with the arc is exactly in two things:

1. IT IS A LATE ARC

2. IT IS A SHORTER ARC IN THE SHOW THAN IT WAS IN THE FORM OF COMIC

The converstations or Ahsoka being surprised about Anakin being a slave right after the movie where he did not want to talk about it. Now MONTHS have passed and it is weird that these two bland characters have not even shared a word about each other. How can I be invested in such characters that do not communicate or have some emotions, real emotions and not just barbie doll emotions!

And now follows the second part of the problem...
THe arc about the Zygerrians was spread in 6 issues and that is like 6 episodes! And in the show it is 3 episodes! I still think a lot of stuff was thrown out in the garbage. OR THERE IS A DELETED SCENE with the talk that is set between the rescue party comes on Zygerria!

That is the reason why we jump from "Ahsoka: ANI is a slave?!" to "Ani: MY mother was sold in such a store!"... It is not a big deal in the end as the scenes with Ani&Ahsoka are painful and boring!

View user profile

29 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:31 am

General Grievous wrote:Because in Kidnapped, Anakin wasn't there when Obi-wan told Ahsoka about his past. However, in Slaves of the Republic, Anakin starts talking to Ahsoka about his past as if she already knew. But if he wasn't there for that conversation, how would he have known that Ahsoka knew about his past? Confusing, right?
Its a little bit confusing,yes.

View user profile

30 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:22 pm

In all honesty that nothing compared to what they have done with this series... >.>



Last edited by Jango Nova on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total


______________________________________________________________________________________________
Like my Costumes? Want to see more? Check out my Facebook Wink Add me if you want, just let me know your from here Wink

ODST- www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2258068494954.130578.1345639640

Mandalorian- www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1948032024236.112179.1345639640
View user profile

31 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Because in Kidnapped, Anakin wasn't there when Obi-wan told Ahsoka about his past. However, in Slaves of the Republic, Anakin starts talking to Ahsoka about his past as if she already knew. But if he wasn't there for that conversation, how would he have known that Ahsoka knew about his past? Confusing, right?


______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

32 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:14 pm

I dont understand Ahsoka.Why is there a hole in the story?

View user profile

33 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 am

IDK to be honest, I mean, anything's possible.


______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

34 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:43 am

Something interesting was mentioned and I want ur opinions. I DID notice this when the episode aired chewy but I thought it was no big deal and maybe I missed something APPARENTLY NOT
In the episode kidnapped obiwan tells ahsoka that anakin and his mom where slaves
In slaves of the republic they r walking throughout the town and anakin says "my mom was sold in a place just like this" so it's a hole in the story line
One theory is that anakin and ahsoka had an off screen convo(which would rly piss me off cause I want to c that) but then wouldn't anakin be mad at obiwan? What do yoooooooouuuuuu think????????????

View user profile

35 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:51 am

Ok, new discussion topic, I know I already posted this in the Main Chat, but this needs to be brought up here too so everyone sees it. This is much more important than our personal opinions over TCW or of SW. This is something that's been needed to address for a long time, but I've been too lazy to do anything about it. PLEASE don't just pass this up and go back to our discussion, we've GOT to get this fixed.

We need to mobilize now, this place is dying, and I refuse to just sit by and watch. We need to get as many people on here at the same time to talk about this. For those with you on the Facebook page, try to get HA, Anakin Skywalker77, SWTS, or ANYONE on that part of the Underworld! For those in contact with Leia and anyone she knows like Winter, Barriss, Jedi~Chick, or maybe even Jaina if they're still in contact with her, tell them to get on as soon as possible. Oh, and if any of you have a SW.com account and know some people there that used to be here PLEASE get them over here. We need EVERYONE possible who's been on this site, this place has been going downhill for SEVERAL months at this point, and we need to do something about it. This was once a great site, and we've let it fallen. It's time to pick it back up to the way things used to be.


______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

36 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:19 am

Hmm, interesting discussion to say the least. In my opinion, the show's not nearly been that bad this season, it's been pretty good if you exclude Shadow Warrior. In general, the show's had it's hiccups, but it's been alright to the general Star Wars fan in me and I look foward to seeing it every week. I personally enjoy seeing characters in the movies or novels put in the show, it gives me a different perspective on them.


______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

37 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:29 am

I understand what you're saying.

View user profile

38 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 pm

It just takes so much out of a story when the only focus is how to make a character who has already had his chance in the movies to take up the scene in the show!

View user profile

39 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:38 pm

ARC Trooper wrote:I dont understand why you dont want OT characters in the series. I mean, if you dont like them thats one thing but why shall they not include them into the series since they are people who like them?

I do not care if they put them in or not! I want to say that the focus shifts from good story and TCW-era characters to pointless cameos just for the sake of marketing!

View user profile

40 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 pm

I dont understand why you dont want OT characters in the series. I mean, if you dont like them thats one thing but why shall they not include them into the series since they are people who like them?

View user profile

41 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Guest


Guest
Good point I am getting tired of all these OT references it is getting ridiculous now. I also agree with you about all of these OT characters we don't really need them. If they want to spend time with all these OT characters then they should just make another show set in the time of empire. They try to squeeze too much in to TCW, the only movie characters we need to see now are separatist leaders and a few Jedi Council members like Oppo.

S1 was good because it showed necessary movie characters like Gunray, Tambor, Fisto and Luminara and we also had a lot of original villains like Cad Bane and Hondo, ever since the end of S2 they have just been adding all of these pointless OT characters instead of making original characters and developing the true villains of the CIS like Gunray.

42 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:37 pm

CISFANBOY wrote:I used to like the tactical droids, but now they are just overused and
are made to look stupid. I agree that we need to see more CIS alien
commanders, it would be fun seeing 2 CIS commanders on the same mission,
the arguing scenes would be more intense that way. The only tactical
droid that I really want to see again is TA-175 I want to see Wat Tambor
get revenge on him.

Krell was an awesome villain, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't have been a CIS commander on Umbara we could have had a CIS leader and CIS commander for the first 2 episodes, there should have been a full space episode with Mar Tuuk and
but last one with Krell was just fine. I am not saying this because I ama fan of the CIS, I am saying it because it is pretty boring watching such a big battle entirely from one sides point of view.

S1 was great because it showed us a bigger variety of thing on the battlefield,
as well as seeing a lot more of the CIS, we also saw lots of different Jedi and Clones.

True what you say!
S1 rules and S3 and S4 kinda suck and there is a reason for that!

These days the show lives on three things: Stellar animation, stupid OT cameos and stupid OT reference!
The everything this season has been reference after reference after reference that I do not care about...
And those stupid OT cameos like the one from the stupid Chewbacca or Greedo or Ackbar or Boba Fett... pointless and just there to try to boost ratings or in CN's case - toys sales!

I mean in S1 we got the usual SW reference but it was rare and good and the show managed to live on its own with what it got as material from this timeline. From S2 on, the show decided that it does not need good story or good characters! IT wanted to go and just do Anakin idiocy 24/7, unneeded OT references and have the now mandatory cameos from OT stars! S4 is the most painful reminder of that!
Having tons of stupid refences to the movies is Umbara. I still think that "Plan of Dessent" was just made for that one scene in the hangar that referenced Han Solo and the scene in the Supply Ship, a reference to Ep.1's end! That is it. An entire episode centered around those two scenes/references!
Same with Carnage of Krell, though it was genius, the main reason it was created like that was to reference Sidious in Episode III and Order 66 and that is it!
Same with the Slavers arc - especially the second episode - just there to boast the idiot called Anakin and to reference all about the Tatooine scene in ROTJ!

As far as I am concerned all these examples are pathetic as is the show at this time!

View user profile

43 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Guest


Guest
I used to like the tactical droids, but now they are just overused and
are made to look stupid. I agree that we need to see more CIS alien
commanders, it would be fun seeing 2 CIS commanders on the same mission,
the arguing scenes would be more intense that way. The only tactical
droid that I really want to see again is TA-175 I want to see Wat Tambor
get revenge on him.

Krell was an awesome villain, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't have been a CIS commander on Umbara we could have had a CIS leader and CIS commander for the first 2 episodes, there should have been a full space episode with Mar Tuuk but the last one with Krell was just fine. I am not saying this because I ama fan of the CIS, I am saying it because it is pretty boring watching such a big battle entirely from one sides point of view.

S1 was great because it showed us a bigger variety of thing on the battlefield,
as well as seeing a lot more of the CIS, we also saw lots of different Jedi and Clones.



Last edited by CISFANBOY on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

44 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:47 pm

General Grievous wrote:Ha, did they REALLY say that!? What hypocrites, Shadow Warrior shouldn't have even been in the storyboards if they REALLY cared about Grievous's character! Wow, this show cant seem to keep their values straight, they say they won't do one thing because it goes against what they believe in, but they'll do it eventually with some other character, location, etc.

They are stupid that way! They say one thing and do a complete 180 from what they said!

Preserving a legend?! HAHAHA Dave Filoni once answered my question recently about the team's hate of the CIS and Grievous...

He said they do not want to show Grievous scaring the Jedi cause they have been trained to not have fear... but it is one thing to show no fear and another to be cocky morons who do not care about anything! Bland stinkin Jedi!

These days Grievous would be lucky with the horrid reputation the show built him, to go in a fight without some weakling like the idiot Amidala to laugh at him!

Yeah, to be honest, there's really nothing to dive into on the CIS's side except it's leaders. Droids have no personality, if there weas an arc about them, it would be pointless. Now, if we saw a CIS COMMANDER, or even a group of them collaborating together, that would prove interesting.

You know, sometimes I kinda miss the good ole' days when we saw some clones, at least one Jedi, an army of battle droids, and finally Grievous or some other high-ranking villain all together in one single episode. It was unbiased, it always proved interesting, and we got to see the important characters be reused but not to the extent they got boring. *Sigh* Oh, how S1 was so good to us.

S1 was perfect and balanced. It was before the days where the show SO Blast LAZY and before the show just resorted of using Tactical Droids and Dooku the moron!
In S1 we barely got any stupid tactical droids - 4 to be precise with 2 being mainly in the Ryloth arc - that meant that the majority of the season was left to flesh-covered villains with personality outside "Roger, Roger"!
Since S1 the number of these stupid and lazy characters has tripled and if not more...

Stupidity like Umbara would never have existed in S1. Back then the show had the honor to show us at least some stucture of the opposing side. The best we got from the arc as a CIS villain was that stinking reused droid from "Padawan Lost"!

If Sobeck did not have that stupid K2B4 but an actual CIS alien commander with him, the scene where he holds the latter by the throat would be more intense. K2B4 did not even care if Sobeck was jabbing it with a knife! Another example of how the show's use of those stupid tactical droids makes many potentially good CIS scene suck SO MUCH!

THE SHOW IS STUPID, just STUPID in terms of making good villains or good villain interactions!
And nobody say: "BUT YOU GOT KRELL AND TAMSON!" cause as far as I am concerned those guys were epic but in the long run will matter not much!

View user profile

45 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Guest


Guest
Yeah they said that a while ago that is why they gave him a big break after the first half of S1 because they didn't want to downplay his legend. I don't know what they were playing at in Shadow Warrior, they would have been better of having a new CIS commander instead, that way it wouldn't have upset as many fans. Lets just hope he does well in this upcoming battle with Ventress, I wouldn't put it past TCW team to have Grievous battered and captured again and then Dooku would have to show up and save the day.

46 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:18 am

Ha, did they REALLY say that!? What hypocrites, Shadow Warrior shouldn't have even been in the storyboards if they REALLY cared about Grievous's character! Wow, this show cant seem to keep their values straight, they say they won't do one thing because it goes against what they believe in, but they'll do it eventually with some other character, location, etc.


______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

47 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 am

Guest


Guest
Well some droids are programmed with personalities like R2 and 3PO. IG-88 and 4-LOM are cool droids. I know they couldn't do that much with the battle droids but they could still make some battle droid characters and give some of them different color paintings. The only CIS droid characters we have are the tactical droids, but most of them are made to look stupid I want to see some droid characters that are good fighters, they have plenty of cool droids like Superiors, Commandos and Magnas but they never do much with them. I would also like to see more focus on CIS commanders, it would be nice to see how someone like Sobeck ended up in charge of the citadel, he must have had a lot of victories before hand for him be placed there.

I liked how they reused some of the villains on S1 like Grievous and Ventress. It was also nice to see certain villains meet each other like Dooku and Hondo, Ventress and Gunray and Grievous and Gha Nachkt. We also had some really good Grievous moments in S1 like when he killed Gha Nachkt and Nahdar Vebb. They say they don't show Grievous much now because they don't want to downplay his legend, but in season 4 when he does return he gets battered by a few Gungans on Shadow Warrior and he still lost on Nomad Droids technically because he abandoned his ship and Gallia was still alive.

48 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Yeah, to be honest, there's really nothing to dive into on the CIS's side except it's leaders. Droids have no personality, if there weas an arc about them, it would be pointless. Now, if we saw a CIS COMMANDER, or even a group of them collaborating together, that would prove interesting.

You know, sometimes I kinda miss the good ole' days when we saw some clones, at least one Jedi, an army of battle droids, and finally Grievous or some other high-ranking villain all together in one single episode. It was unbiased, it always proved interesting, and we got to see the important characters be reused but not to the extent they got boring. *Sigh* Oh, how S1 was so good to us.


______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

49 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 am

CISFANBOY wrote:True it was a good twist that Dogma killed him, it would have been a bit too obvious if it was Rex or Fives. One thing that does annoy me is that we are 4 seasons in now and we haven't really had any episodes focusing on battledroids or CIS soldiers. I don't mind having a few clone episodes, but TCW team seem to be biased towards the republic which annoys me.

Its cause they win the war and become the empire. And as interesting as looking at the CIS side is, your never going to get an episode focusing only on battle droids or anything like that. The closest your going to get is Death Watch at this point.


______________________________________________________________________________________________
Like my Costumes? Want to see more? Check out my Facebook Wink Add me if you want, just let me know your from here Wink

ODST- www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2258068494954.130578.1345639640

Mandalorian- www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1948032024236.112179.1345639640
View user profile

50 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 am

Guest


Guest
True it was a good twist that Dogma killed him, it would have been a bit too obvious if it was Rex or Fives. One thing that does annoy me is that we are 4 seasons in now and we haven't really had any episodes focusing on battledroids or CIS soldiers. I don't mind having a few clone episodes, but TCW team seem to be biased towards the republic which annoys me.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum