Episode 15: “Deception”
Episode 16: “Friends and Enemies”
Episode 17: “The Box”
Episode 18: “Crisis on Naboo”
Episode 19: “Massacre”
Episode 20: “Bounty”
Episode 21: “Brothers”
Episode 22: “Revenge”

don't tell me thats the last episode of the whole show. is there gonna be another season O_O

The finale is more than obvious!!! LOL

View user profile http://gothic44.deviantart.com/

127 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 am

Ha, you guys are only focusing on a general problem when compared to the whole thing. If the show actually followed the EU, we wouldn't be having this character issue that y'all have pointed out, and it would also fix your lack of villains issue. I assure you, nearly every problem on the series that you can name would be fixed if they followed the EU. Anakin's not the problem-the team messing up his story (and everyone else's for that matter) IS. Anakin would be a Padawan for the majority of the time, so Dan's issue of seeing him every episode as the main hero would be solved. However, for the Anakin fans, we'd also get to see a lot of him and see him develop. It would entertain both types of viewers. As for the lightsaber duel thing you all mentioned, if the team followed the EU, it would be fixed. As we'd have plenty of villains, we'd never run out of different scenarios, and it would be diverse each time! Y'all present good valid points for viewers of the show like yourselves, but it's only one side of the bigger problem.

As for the Gunray and Haako taking over Naboo thing, that ought to be great, and in fact it might very well be able to fit in with the EU depending on how they do it. Gunray would've had plenty of opportune times during the war to exact his revenge, so it makes sense for this scenario to have happened during even the old Clone Wars timeline. Again though, that all depends on exactly how the team does it, it could very well be yet another storyline filled with EU and timeline flaws.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

128 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 am

True they waste too much time with characters like Anakin, Ahsoka, Padme and Rex. I mean the awesome Cad Bane will probably just get only one episode this season because of the overused main cast of heroes. All they can do for lightsaber duels now is mostly just put Dooku against Anakin and Grievous against Obi Wan, this is why they should have kept Krell alive because he could have been used for future lightsaber duels instead of them just recycling Dooku and Grievous. I do like Dooku and Grievous, but I want to see them fight other jedi, not Anakin and Obi Wan.

I agree with you about Crisis on Naboo, I would love to see Gunray and Haako get their revenge and it would also be another nod to TPM 3D release seeing Haako. It would also be nice to see Grievous have to work with Gunray, it would be pretty funny because they hate each other. If Grievous is on I hope he kills a lot more Gungans this time!

129 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:36 am

REMAINING EPISODES:

Episode 14: “A Friend in Need”
Episode 15: “Deception”
Episode 16: “Friends and Enemies”
Episode 17: “The Box”
Episode 18: “Crisis on Naboo”
Episode 19: “Massacre”
Episode 20: “Bounty”
Episode 21: “Brothers”
Episode 22: “Revenge”

The finale is more than obvious!!! LOL

View user profile

130 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 am

CISFANBOY wrote:The trouble is that there is plenty of stuff that they can do, but there are just so many characters fighting for screen time now I really wish they would just stop chucking in all of these OT characters and instead actually spend time developing necessary characters like Gunray and also give us more new main villains like Cad Bane. It's like you said Bane would be no where near as popular as he is now if he had died in S1 or S2, but sadly most of the other cool characters are never given a chance to shine. I wish they would save OT characters for other tv shows like the live action tv series which would be more suitable for them. I think they try and squeeze too much stuff in to TCW.

The problem is not that there too many fighting for screen time, but just one that takes up the majority of screen time.
As some of you have heard we will have a duel between Dooku and ANakin AGAIN this season. Awesome, isn't it retarded!?

They wasted our time and that of Grievous to show us something we have seen many times - the stinkin duel between Anitard and Dooky - and now they are giving us it again just on Zygerria! WHY do they do this?!!?!? The lame factor is through the roof!
If TCW had a little more brain power and they knew they would do the same duel twice, why not just avoid on the versions and spent on other cool stuff. We will never again have a Tarpals/ Grievous duel in the rain, but we will have at least 6 more Dooku/Anakin moments till the season Six comes. I am not saying I want Grievous beaten again by gungans, I want to say that if the show left that SH** with the second duel out. They could have made a really nice and long confrontation in rain which is always amazing. Watch a japanese movie that has a sword fight in rain! It will take more than 10 minutes, cause epic moments like these need to be cherished and showcased and not just rushed, RUSHED, for something we will have the pain to see again and again later!!!
WHY, THE CLONE WARS., WHY!?

instead actually spend time developing necessary characters like Gunray and also give us more new main villains like Cad Bane.

An episode Crisis on Naboo is coming and it would be awesome to see Gunray again taking revenge for TPM! Another nod to the 3D release, which is kinda the theme of the season so far. Him and Haako appearing side by side! A great opportunity to develop Gunray and his grudge against Naboo and its Senator!

Crisis on Naboo is followed by "MAssacre"! Could it be that this is an arc and GUNGANS get genocided, let us hope it is so!!!

View user profile

131 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 pm

The trouble is that there is plenty of stuff that they can do, but there are just so many characters fighting for screen time now I really wish they would just stop chucking in all of these OT characters and instead actually spend time developing necessary characters like Gunray and also give us more new main villains like Cad Bane. It's like you said Bane would be no where near as popular as he is now if he had died in S1 or S2, but sadly most of the other cool characters are never given a chance to shine. I wish they would save OT characters for other tv shows like the live action tv series which would be more suitable for them. I think they try and squeeze too much stuff in to TCW.

132 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 am

That was his dad, Greedo the Elder. Greedo was born much later, and didn't live that long considering Han shot him in ANH.

Ha, I've said the same thing countless times about the EWU. They really need to follow it more, it would make the show so much better.

I agree, seeing the old version of the Kamino battle would've been better, but the team couldn't do that of course because "it would mess up canon."

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen!"-General Grievous
View user profile

133 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:31 am

Wasn't Greedo a kid around the time of TPM, I remember there was a deleted scene where Greedo had a fight with Anakin?

I think they should follow the major plot points of the EU that way the bad guys and the CIS wouldn't be losing all of the time and we would have a lot more main villains instead of just one arc villains.

I remember reading on Wookie a while ago that Passel Argente had the CIS launch an attack on Kamino without permission from Dooku or Sidious, that sounds like a pretty interesting story, I really wish they would do something like that on TCW.

134 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:29 am

SWneedsSASR wrote:wasn't Ventress' backstory mostly correct. (apart from her home planet being changed) I only skimmed over her backstory but from what I remember it at least seemed simillar, in my recollection many fans asked for her backstory and so they got it. In many cases, as we are witnessing with Slaves of the Republic Comic Adpation, due to time constraints and story fluency many characters and scenes are cut out from the novel. As with most novel to movie adaptions, couldnt this sometimes be the same with the EU? then again they could always avoid it such ocurrences, though im enjoying the latest arc too much to be opposed to such thins lol
I agre, I don't mind some MINOR chabges that really don't matter that much, like a lack of the Shu Mai cameo because it doesn't really change to overall story that much, but when the team goes out of their way to make their own story by practically destroying another, that's when it becomes a problem. Take Mon Calamari for example. They could've just had Kit Fisto and recreated the original story. But no, they had to add their own characters and story plots, thus making the snd battles of Dac when it's more sensible to have the first and fist only.

SWneedsSASR wrote:It would be nice if the CW crew gave us a sneak peek of the next episode, instead of just ending it on a cliff hanger with not even a trailer to show us. Despite the fact we kinda know whats gonna happen next, I think its kinda cruel to leave us with a cliffhanger and have to wait weeks to see the neding, oh well back to packing I suppose
I agree, we should defnitely get a preview, this wait is stupid enough. But, I'm sure it'll all be over soon enough, what with the holidays to keep us busy and all.

As for the comments on my old post, I'll adress each one at a time.

The popular one seems to be Ventress, so I'm gonna repeat what Jango said: the stories were similar but not the same. Especially in the way Ventress's story ends-she was still Dooku's apprentice by the time she left the galaxy.

As for the one Greedo agreeance, I think I need to clarify something about his appearance in the series: Greedo wasn't even BORN by this time, and if so, he was only a baby. They could've used Greedo the Elder, and I personally think it might have been, though the team seemed adamant that it was the ANH Greedo that got fried by Han.

To whomever said Ahsoka should've been Plo Koon's padawan, I agree! The relationship would've been great. I also think she would've fit well with Aayla Secura, their relationship in Jedi Crash seemed to be very promising.

View user profile

135 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:58 pm

wasn't Ventress' backstory mostly correct. (apart from her home planet being changed) I only skimmed over her backstory but from what I remember it at least seemed simillar

Similar is the key word there. They actually changed most of her backstory to make her look more of a coward then she was in the comics. And the completely threw out how she was supposed to "Die" by threatening Padme and having Anikin kill her on Coruscant, just to have the Count bring her back for one last battle before she flees the known universe.

Last edited by Jango Nova on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Like my Costumes? Want to see more? Check out my Facebook Wink Add me if you want, just let me know your from here Wink

ODST- www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2258068494954.130578.1345639640

Mandalorian- www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1948032024236.112179.1345639640
View user profile

136 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:16 pm

You make some good points and I agree with most of them, It would be a better if Aurra was a force user on this show, if they didn't want to follow her EU backstory they should have made a completely new character.

I find Ahsoka to be a pointless and unnecessary character and I agree it definitely messes up the Star Wars timeline having her as Anakin's padawan. I would have preferred it if she was Plo Koon's padawan.

I like TCW's version of Greedo, but he wasn't really needed, that was the trouble with S3 they added too many OT characters instead of adding important CIS leaders that would have been more necessary.

As far as I know they followed most of Ventress's EU story didn't they? The only error I know of is that they changed her species, I can't really say I think its a major error she still looks very similar to the 2d version of Ventress. I mean making Durge human would have been a major error, he would have looked nothing like what he should and it would have totally ruined his character.

I totally agree with you about Mortis it was the most pointless arc ever, it just felt like a cheap way of bringing Qui Gon Jinn in to TCW, don't get me wrong I like the character, but Obi Wan was really surprised on ROTS when Yoda had found a way to communicate with him, his appearance on TCW felt unnecessary to me.

137 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 am

It would be nice if the CW crew gave us a sneak peek of the next episode, instead of just ending it on a cliff hanger with not even a trailer to show us. Despite the fact we kinda know whats gonna happen next, I think its kinda cruel to leave us with a cliffhanger and have to wait weeks to see the neding, oh well back to packing I suppose

View user profile

138 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:56 am

wasn't Ventress' backstory mostly correct. (apart from her home planet being changed) I only skimmed over her backstory but from what I remember it at least seemed simillar, in my recollection many fans asked for her backstory and so they got it. In many cases, as we are witnessing with Slaves of the Republic Comic Adpation, due to time constraints and story fluency many characters and scenes are cut out from the novel. As with most novel to movie adaptions, couldnt this sometimes be the same with the EU? then again they could always avoid it such ocurrences, though im enjoying the latest arc too much to be opposed to such thins lol

View user profile

139 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:12 am

True, the movie Jedi should be seen too. I'm just a big Rahm Kota fan, so I'm hopeful all the time that we might eventually see him on the show.

Oh please, their "we don't want to mess with canon" is a bad joke. They mess up canon all the time if and when they want to, whenever they say they don't, it means they simply don't want to do it without coming out and saying it. If they really cared about canon, Ahsoka wouldn't have been Anakin's padawan (don't get me wrong, the character's great, and I'm not saying she shouldn't be a recurring character, just not as Anakin's padawan because it messes up the entire Star Wars timeline), Aurra Sing would've had been using Force powers by now, Ventress would've had a diferent background storyline, there wouldn't have been all these 2nd battles of Mon Calamari and Kamino, we would've seen Durge and Fordo by now, we would've seen half if not all of the Separatist Council, Greedo wouldn't have appeared, the stupid Mortis arc would never have happened, Even Piell wouldn't have died, Grievous wouldn't have been captured by gungans, and about 50 more things I could go on about. These are numerous examples of the show's destruction of canon, and when they have the audacity to say that they don't want to mess with it loses any merit. When they say that, it simply means they don't want to attempt it in the first place and don't want to deal with offending the fans.

View user profile

140 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:45 am

Although it would be nice to see some Jedi like Kazdan Paratus, I think it is more important that we see movie Jedi first like Oppo Rancisis, Coleman Kcaj, Pablo Jill, Stass Allie and Agen Kolar.

The reason I am not happy about Shu Mai not having a cameo is because they went to the trouble of including commander Appo on Umbara when he wasn't needed, but Shu Mai was actually in the comic that this arc is based on and they chose not to bother including her. We have already had Gossams in S3 so I don't see any reason why they couldn't have given her a cameo at the very least...

Funny thing is they said they didn't include Tikkes on Moncal because they didn't want to mess with canon but then they don't include Shu Mai in the slaver arc and mess with canon again :S

141 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:23 am

As for whoever mention Kazdan Paratus should appear, I agree, I'd rather see Kota, but Paratus was still a pretty cool TFU character.

I'm not that mad about the lack of a cameo from Shu Mai, I mean, it would only be a cameo after all. The only thing that got under my nerves in the episode was the 1st audience with the Queen. Anakin and Ahsoka are AWFUL at acting undercover, Anakin's attempts to flatter to Queen were epic failures and made me want to gag myself, and Ahsoka's line, "Let me go you brigand!" was far too cheesy. The only thing that scene proves was that the Queen cannot tell the difference when someone is lying to her or not and solves the great mystery as to why Anakin and Ahsoka are not galactic holonet celebrities.

And very true ARC, Ahsoka's outfit was more princess like than slave like. But considerig the alternative from the comic book, I think we can all agree this one was a better choice.

View user profile

142 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 am

Just watched ''Slaves of the Republic''.Very good episode.Cant wait to see the next one.
I liked very much the auction.I believe it had very good sounds.You know all these people cheering and stuff.
Ahsoka was very funny in her new outfit.She looks more like a princess than a slave.

View user profile

143 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:55 pm

We very rarely get many cool good guys, they just re use Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi Wan or there their clones or their droids. Instead of giving us true CIS villains like Durge and the CIS leaders they prefer to just give us one off CIS commanders so the good guys can win! Cool characters that we do get like Krell and Sobeck are just wasted when they get killed off in just ONE arc!

It's starting to feel like the separatist council don't exist and yes I think it is a disgrace that Shu Mai hasn't appeared when they have included less important characters like Appo. TCW team seem to be very biased towards the republic, it sucks!

144 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:00 pm

CISFANBOY wrote:If there is one character that I want to see from TFU it would have to be Kazdan Paratus it would be nice to see a Jedi like him on TCW. To be honest though its not very likely that we will see any video game characters on TCW, we did have Delta Squad but that was only a cameo.

After what has happened with Shu Mai and Tikkes I have lost hope that we will see Tambor and Poggle get broken out this season. I'm actually hoping that we don't get to see them in prison because if they did appear it would most likely be just a cameo. I like to think that they have already been broken out off screen...

So true! Yet, usually we do not get good characters on the good side of this war cause they as pointed out by some people are sterile and bland to no end. And the ones we get are either too cool and complex who die or just turn out to be EVIL like the awesome Krell!

Shu Mai - to think I had some hope for a few second cameo. NO!
They could not even do that for once. They keep majority of things in this arc to correspond with the comic and it is again the CIS that get changed or removed!
Biggest glaring annoyances are:

We get BOIL and that stupid APPO cameos for no reason and NO Shu Mai in the latest arc and since she WAS in the comic I feel that as an insult.
I mean the show prefers to put a cameo from a pointless clone and not from one of the people who started and run this war?! WHAT's WRONG WITH YOU, CLONE WARS?!

View user profile

145 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:10 pm

If there is one character that I want to see from TFU it would have to be Kazdan Paratus it would be nice to see a Jedi like him on TCW. To be honest though its not very likely that we will see any video game characters on TCW, we did have Delta Squad but that was only a cameo.

After what has happened with Shu Mai and Tikkes I have lost hope that we will see Tambor and Poggle get broken out this season. I'm actually hoping that we don't get to see them in prison because if they did appear it would most likely be just a cameo. I like to think that they have already been broken out off screen...

146 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:58 pm

SWneedsSASR wrote:Ohhh, um, Fanfiction Competition maybe, Christmas Blog Posts, Maybe a Speculation thread for SW Videogames/series'/Clone Wars, this is a hard time of the year to keep the forum running indeed, more trivia pages, I suppose the gaming community of the SWunderworld could always meet on different games at certin times, although that would be extreemly hard to organise thanks to the multipl consoles. those are just what came in to my head I guess
Wow, those were great! I'll defnitely see about the trivia and Christmas posts, and I'll also go back to doing Quote of the Day in the Main Chat. We already have a video game thread here, so I'll see if I can crank that up again. I personally think in general, we all just need to try and post in as many threads as possible and the place will run itself over the holidays. It's a shame really how far the forums have fallen, but I'm sure as long as we have at least a few, passionate members here, it'll be alright in the long run.

CISFANBOY wrote:I would love to see more familiar jedi on TCW especially Oppo Rancisis. I'm a little annoyed that they haven't added him this season considering that in past seasons they used to give us a handful of jedi.

I haven't read the comic about Even Piell, but I have looked up his original fate on wookie and I actually prefer his new death. One reason for that is his death was down to one of my favorite villains Osi Sobeck. Another reason is because without important deaths like Even Piell and Echo it would have just been another meaningless republic victory. The Citadel is one of my favorite arcs because the CIS seemed like a real threat, which is rare in this series.

I would be very surprised to see Shu Mai on this arc now, on the comic she was with the queen when she showed the crowd that she had captured Obi Wan. I never knew that Shu Mai had been a major fan request. Sadly I don't think Filoni and the team realize how popular characters like Gunray are.
I also think we need to see Rahm Kota. He's probably my fav Jedi, or at least tied to Fisto and Kenobi. I'd also love to see his militia on the series.

Even piell actually died in a book I believe, one of the Coruscant Nights books maybe. I personally wish they'd stuck with that and have Fives killed to finish the Domino Squad story.

True, they've not been very gracious in giving us council members. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

View user profile

147 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:43 pm

I would love to see more familiar jedi on TCW especially Oppo Rancisis. I'm a little annoyed that they haven't added him this season considering that in past seasons they used to give us a handful of jedi.

I haven't read the comic about Even Piell, but I have looked up his original fate on wookie and I actually prefer his new death. One reason for that is his death was down to one of my favorite villains Osi Sobeck. Another reason is because without important deaths like Even Piell and Echo it would have just been another meaningless republic victory. The Citadel is one of my favorite arcs because the CIS seemed like a real threat, which is rare in this series.

I would be very surprised to see Shu Mai on this arc now, on the comic she was with the queen when she showed the crowd that she had captured Obi Wan. I never knew that Shu Mai had been a major fan request. Sadly I don't think Filoni and the team realize how popular characters like Gunray are.

148 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Ohhh, um, Fanfiction Competition maybe, Christmas Blog Posts, Maybe a Speculation thread for SW Videogames/series'/Clone Wars, this is a hard time of the year to keep the forum running indeed, more trivia pages, I suppose the gaming community of the SWunderworld could always meet on different games at certin times, although that would be extreemly hard to organise thanks to the multipl consoles. those are just what came in to my head I guess

View user profile

149 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah, and speaking of a five week break, we need to do soemthing to keep the forum busy while we're waiting on the new episode. Does anyone have any suggestions? I mean, I know we're all going to be a bit busy around the holidays, but we still try and do something to keep the place running. Any thoughts?

View user profile

150 Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 am

All good points, whilst the EU is expansive they should be able to stick to the main points, and give us some sepratist victories for once. Even Piell wasn't too bad, I mean that was just one EU comic in a pile of thousands, although they have wookiepedia, either way they had to get another character to die and I suppose when they used Piell we all thought he was safe.The 5 Week break doesn't mean anything for me. the next five weeks of my life is taken up with Sargents course (2 weeks of being marked on everything, of seeing fighter jets and then being yelled at for not concentraiting ... YAY! XD) followed up by a trip to New Zealand. When I get back I should have an episode waiting for me lol. Im allmost tempted to say that the Clone Wars should do some kind of christmas special, but after watching nostalgia critic im just thinking that star wars should NEVER step foor their again..... considering how the last one turned out *shivers*

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum